Wednesday 16 September 2009

The Sturmgruppen 1944 - Bomber Destroyers (Fw 190 Sturmbock)

A brief look at one of my first published articles. Having corresponded with a number of Sturmgruppen veterans, I put together a fifteen-page article for Scale Aircraft Modelling which appeared in Vol 23, no. 1 (March 2001) I also illustrated the feature - never again! To create my rendition of Dahl's Fw 190 I took a scale plan and coloured it in using Micrografx software - five hours work. Like most magazines, SAM pay a pathetic contributors fee, something like £20/page - or at least they did. While I supplied plenty of decent photos for the article the then-editor scanned in some additional Bundesarchiv images from books - I knew nothing about it until I saw them in the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Luftwaffe Blog. We welcome your comments.